Steps To Take To Walk Down The Aisle
(State of Washington-Clark County)

Information Provided by:
Rev. Rose Woodruff-Wedding Officiant
Ordained Minister: Certified Wedding Officiant
(360) 356-4986

Please visit my
Wedding Venues Directory!

Applying for a Marriage License in the State of Washington, Clark County:
Both applicants must be present to apply for a marriage license.
No appointment is necessary.
Marriage License applications must be received by 4:30 pm.


Recording/Marriage License Department (for Clark County, WA)
Public Service Center
1300 Franklin St, 2nd Floor
Vancouver, WA 98666-5000
Phone: (360)397-2208 or (360)397-2243
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm
Wednesday 9 am - 4:30 pm


  • Both applicants must be at least 18 years of age or older and must have a current photo ID
    as proof of age.
  • Applicants who are 17 years of age must be accompanied by one parent or legal guardian
    who can provide consent.
  • Applicants under the age of 17 must obtain permission from the Family Court.
  • Blood tests and physical exams are not required to obtain a marriage license.
  • Applicants do not have to be residents of the State of Washington to obtain a marriage
    license. The license is only valid for weddings that are performed within the state of
  • Proof of divorce from a previous spouse, or death of a spouse, is not required to obtain a
    marriage license. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the final decree of
    divorce is filed before applying for a new marriage license.
  • Same sex marriages are legally recognized in the State of Washington as of Dec 9th, 2012!

Waiting Period:

There is a three (3) day waiting period beginning the first day AFTER you apply for your license
and ending the third day following the date of application. For example: If you purchase your
wedding license on Monday, the first day you can legally be married would be on that following
Friday. The license is valid for 60 days beginning on the 3rd day after application.


Witnesses are not necessary to apply for a license, but state laws requires that at least two
witnesses be present at the ceremony who are over the age of 18.


There is a $64 fee, payable at the time of application, payable in CASH. Checks and Credit Cards
are not accepted at this time. The fee is non-refundable and is paid to the County Clerk with the

Performing the Ceremony:

State law prescribes who can perform a marriage ceremony:
Active and retired Supreme Court justices, Court of Appeals judges, Superior Court judges,
Superior Court commissioners, and judges of courts of limited jurisdiction, as well as any
regularly licensed or ordained Minister, Reverend, or Priest of any church or religious
denomination. See RCW 26.04.050 for a complete list.
Ministers from any state may perform marriage ceremonies, but the ceremony must be performed
in the where the license was purchased. Neither the bride nor the groom may perform the
ceremony. To have a District Court judge perform the ceremony, call the District Court
(360)397-2424 during regular business hours.

Marriages are Public Record:

All marriage records are a matter of public record. The one exception to this is for those enrolled
in the State's Address Confidentiality program. Once a license has been recorded, it cannot be

To Obtain Copies of Marriage Licenses:

Certified copies of marriage licenses must be requested. Requests may be made in person or by
mail. To request in person, please come to the Recording Department located at 1300 Franklin St
on the 2nd floor. Department hours are 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday except
Wednesday, hours are 9 am-4:30 pm. All public documents, including marriage certificates, are
available from the Recording Department.

For more information, visit:
or email at:

Information Offered by:

Rev. Rose Woodruff-Wedding Officiant
Ordained Minister: Certified Wedding Officiant
(360) 356-4986
Steps To Take To Walk Down The Aisle
~ Clark County, Washington ~
(360) 356-4986
text or call.
As an Ordained Minister, Rev. Rose Woodruff-Wedding Offician, officiates large and small Weddings, Elopements, Vow
Renewals, and Commitment Ceremonies in the SW Washington area including Clark, Cowlitz, Pierce and Skamania County and
in the NW Oregon area including Clackamas, Multnomah, Washington, Yamhill and Columbia County including the cities of:
Vancouver, Camas, Washougal, Brush Prairie, Battle Ground, Ridgefield, La Center, Yacolt, Woodland, Kalama, Kelso,
Longview, Lexington, Castle Rock, Stevenson, Goldendale, PDX, Portland, Happy Valley, Oregon City and Beaverton.
Rev. Rose Woodruff-Wedding Officiant, is a professional providing Wedding Services and has been a part of the Vancouver,
Washington Wedding industry since 2009. She specializes in Wedding Officiant services.

This site is owned by: Rev. Rose Woodruff-Wedding Officiant
9330 NE Vancouver Mall Dr Ste 203, Vancouver, WA 98662
(360) 356-4986